- Economic Impact of the Maritime Industry in Washington State April 2017
- Economic Opportunity Analysis – Modernization of the North Pacific Fishing Fleet – November 2016
- The Impacts of the Maritime Industry in Washington State Freight Mobility Roundtable – April 2014
- Economic Impact Study Washington State Maritime Cluster – November 2013 Infographic
- Economic Impact of Recreational Boats in Washington – April 2011
Marine Industry Update
- Department of Commerce Proposed Strategic Plan for Washington State Maritime Sector 2017 – 2019
- Marine Industries Workforce Development Council Operating Plan – 2010 Skills Panel
- Northwest Marine Industry Update 2006
In June of 2006, the Northwest Center of Excellence for Marine Manufacturing & Technology, in collaboration with the state department of Community, Trade and Economic Development (CTED) and the Northwest Marine Trade Association (NMTA), contracted with Washington State University’s Social and Economic Sciences Research Center to conduct a web-based survey of boat manufacturers and repairers in Washington State.
The goal of the Marine Industry Employment and Compensation Survey was to create a rich database of information for the marine industry in Washington State. Employers, colleges, economic and workforce development organizations, and other service providers can use this information to effectively plan and design new programs and services and to secure funds for program startups and enhancements.
The survey covered the following topics:
Current and projected employment, including current vacancies and forecasted retirements.
Wages and employment benefits.
Manufacturers and Repairers Final Report v.1
View Slideshow summary of the report’s findings
Wage & Benefit Surveys
Community & Technical College Field Guide
- In Washington, maritime labor headed for a retirement cliff September 2017
- Commerce grants $100K to help launch new marine systems job training program in Port Townsend March 2017
- Workshops for Warriors: Transitioning Vets into Advanced Manufacturing Jobs November 2016
DACUM (Developing a Curriculum) Reports